Sunday, November 15, 2015

Heart Beat

It's been four months now,
I dont know what it is, but just the
thought of you makes my heart race,
and there's no finish line. It all started
on July 4th, I told you what was on 
my mind; a kiss that like an 
earthquake sent shockwaves of 
blood throughout my body. My heart 
continued on it's race for days. Then
it returned back to normal. For three
weeks there was no you, the thought 
of you never exited my mind, and it still 
never has. After the three weeks I 
felt like we were starting over again,
all the time we had just spent getting
to know each other vanished, like your
name when I wrote it in the clouds.
We started fresh, the 10 p.m. goodnights 
turned into 2 a.m. goodnights. We were 
falling in love but you were to scared to
admit it...  I told you I love you and all
you said was 'goodnight'.  I tried over,
and over, and over again until the I
love you's went back to I like you's.
I lost that spark for a moment, but I
knew I still loved you because 'home' is 
no longer a place, it's a person.


1 comment: