Monday, November 30, 2015

I am.

"I am a boy raking through the ashes,
 a boy struggling to find 
embers of life in the bottom of a bottomless fireplace."
I am the kid at school dances that dances like an 
idiot because, I don't give a shit.
I am the 'douche' that drives a big lifted Jeep
Like, half the football team.
I am a proud member of the Sack Club.
I am the boy that asks his mommy to cut the crust
off of his sandwiches, because she has done it sinceI was 3, and it reminds me of when life wasn't always 
about what the person next to you thinks.  
I am that kid that shouts random stuff out in the middle 
of class to be funny, that no one laughs at.
I am tired of my parents telling me how to live my life.
I am on a lonely road, a road less traveled, the road that
no one else dares to travel.
I am sure I will always be different, because I am who I am.

I am..
Drake Roskelley


5 comments: